About dimensions or measures styles

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

MiHeGo

About dimensions or measures styles

Post by MiHeGo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Hello,

I'm currently busy with architecture plans of a small cowshed building ("Grange") I recently bought and I plan to renovate it in order to live in it. So I have first to draw the plans of the building as it is now. I had some difficulties with hatching, found some solutions that I'll post in the correct topic.

For now, I'm facing a strange behaviour of QCad, to my understanding. All building lines are solid continuous lines (default). For measure lines, I selected "Gray" and "Dash Dot" as line type, to make a difference. And to make this difference of style possible, my measures belong to a separate layer. For instance, "O1_Base" is the layer with the ground limits around the building and "05_BaseGrange" contains the walls and so on. Guess what's in "02_BaseCotes" and "05_BaseGrangeCotes" ? The measures of course ;-).

The point is that the figures related to the dimensions are displayed and printed in the same style as the measure lines, as "Dash Dot" which makes them hard to read. Even worse with "Dot", etc.

I changed the setting of the measure lines back to "Continuous" and the figures are easy to view. Therefore to make a distinction with the ground and building lines, I set these to a width of 0,25 to 0,50 mm (ISO).

Any other way to have solid figures and "Dash Dot" measure lines ?

Michel "Chanvrier"

PS 1: "Chanvrier" because I plan to use "chanvre" or hemp to all possible extends in the renovation of my "Grange".
2: This is my first post about Qcad and it's probably not the last one. I post this in English, hoping there are more persons there to help and answer. If my English is not good enough, please eventually have a look at my message in the "En français" forum.

MiHeGo

Up

Post by MiHeGo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:14 pm

No tip about "Any other way to have solid figures and "Dash Dot" measure lines ?" ?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:22 pm

A dimension entity is one entity and has one style (color, pattern, width). There is no way around this without exploding the dimension entity and splitting it up into two entities. Which means loosing the dimension entity of course.

MiHeGo

Post by MiHeGo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Thank you, Andrew, for this reply.
My experiences are in accordance with your answer.
I found my own work-around solution by creating a layer dedicated to measurement entities and I set its attributes to specific color and line type. Not the best solution, but now it can be managed.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”