Display of Toolbars areas, enabling or disabling toolbars

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

MiHeGo

Display of Toolbars areas, enabling or disabling toolbars

Post by MiHeGo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Hello,

I'm using QCAD Pro with Windows XP sp3 since a few weeks.

When I started Qcad for the first time, I had all toolbars in separate areas in the right pane of the QCAD window but this isn't longer the case !

Apparently I made a mistake by clicking on the "overlaying window icon" (on the left of the cross icon) in one the variouis "Lists" panes on the right side of the Qcad window, for instance the "Blocks List", corresponding to the "Blocks List Toolbar". The result is that this toolbar completely disapeared. There was no separate window, nowhere at all ! I couldn't find any way to have this toolbar back again, even by checking again this toolbar item in the Edit Menu.

Just the same problem resulted of double-clicking the title line of the toolbar. By trying several times, I had no right area, no toolbar at all !

I closed QCAD and restarted it, without getting the toolbar back. But at this time, checking again the toolbar item in the Edit Menu made the corresponding toolbar appear as a separate window in the right bottom corner of my primary display as I'm Using QCAD in my (large) secondary display on the left of the primary one. Then I could drag this window to the main Qcad window in its right pane.

But then, instead of having a separate area for each toolbar, for instance 4 areas one above the other (Layers, Library, Blocks and Properties), I only have 2 areas :
- one for all toolbars with 3 tabs to select Layers, Library or Blocks area one at a time
- a second area for the Properties.

I deleted the "QCAD.ini" file but without better results.

The only time I succeeded in getting back separate simultaneous ares was by reinstalling QCAD. But not the nicest way !

Thanks for any idea on the way to manage the toolbars areas and windows.

Michel as Chanvrier

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:00 am

Deleting QCAD.ini is the way to go. In fact, reinstalling QCAD will NOT help since that does not reset the configuration. QCAD does not store any information anywhere else than in the QCAD.ini file.

MiHeGo

Post by MiHeGo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Thank you Andrew,
I was also hoping that deleting the QCAD.ini file would solve the problem.
Actually, it doesn't help. :?
What I'm looking for is some way to have the toolbar panes displayed in contiguous separate areas, in the right side, instead of the tabbed style I ran into.
Is there any specific information I can modify in the QCAD.ini file, to achieve this solution ?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Deleting QCAD.ini will reset QCAD into its original state (layer list at the right, command line at the bottom, toolbars at the top and left, etc..)

If that is not the case, there are probably two QCAD.ini files and you deleted the wrong one.

Anything that is not the default QCAD way of arranging things has to be arranged with the mouse with drag and drop and will consequently be saved in the QCAD.ini file (DockWindows setting).

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”