SVG Demo File

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

SVG Demo File

Postby Duesentrieb » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Folks

I love qCad - great job!

Now I need SVG Export for my project. I downloaded the demo version to try this function but it does not work.

so, could you please export the test drawing (download here: http://www.ballmer.ca/qcad_svg_test.dxf ) to svg and send it to me?

Thanks so much,
Dusko
Duesentrieb
Newbie Member

Postby andrew » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Seems to work just fine here. Note that some SVG viewers (for example Inkscape) do not show entities with a stroke width of 0.00mm, so you might want to increase the stroke width of your entities either in QCAD or after the export in Inkscape.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Duesentrieb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks for the hint. I can see some lines now. But the drawing is not complete (Demo version).

Until now I import the dxf12 in OpenOffice Draw and export the SVG. This solution is not perfect. The svg drawing just looks in the begining good. if I go closer, I can see that some angles and lines are not 100% perfect. I need also to convert a lot of dxf files in the future. So the OO solution is not working for me.

For this reasons I think about to buy the license of qCad. But I would like to be sure that the SVG-output is that what I need. So if you please could send me the SVG as PN I could check this.

Thanks for your help,
Dusko
Duesentrieb
Newbie Member

Postby Duesentrieb » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:34 am

never mind. I just saw that the full version is only 24 euro.

Thanks,
Dusko
Duesentrieb
Newbie Member

Return to Pre-sales Questions