Drawing hatch in ellipse frame ?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

MiHeGo

Drawing hatch in ellipse frame ?

Post by MiHeGo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello,

I have made a drawing of a cupboard including 2 washbasins. Each washbasin is an ellipse totally englobed in the rectangular cupboard, but not touching the cupboard frame. The cupboard and the washbasins are in the same layer.

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?fi ... S3TB48.JPG
(NB : I couldn't use the "embed" method...using "http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/<IMAGE-ID>")

Drawing hatch for the cupboard is rather easy but if it's OK to select the frame of the cupboard, I can't select the ellipses to avoid the hatch to be drawn inside these. Therefore the whole cupboard rectangle gets the hatch.

Selecting another layer for the color for the ellipses, I select the frame of each ellipse. Seems to be OK but when I draw the hatch, I'm told that no frame is selected.

I first guessed a simple form like a cercle or an ellipse is not considered as a true frame as it is made of 1 entity only.

However hatching is OK for a circle, even if it's also made of 1 entity only. Selecting as frame this circle, with the circle layer active, allows me to hatch its internal area.

I thought I could do the same for the ellipses. As the original ellipses are part of the cupboard drawing and layer, I duplicate the ellipses to be part of the basin fill color layer. I select one ellipse frame but hatching is unsuccessful : no contour selected !

So an ellipse is not considered equally as a cercle for hatching !

I hope I can be understood...

Regards,

Michel

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Ellipses are currently not supported as shapes for hatching.

Please convert the ellipse into a polyline with arc segments instead:
- Select ellipse
- Modify - Explode

It should now be possible to use the ellipse as hatch border (contour or island).

MiHeGo

Post by MiHeGo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Thank you Andrew for your answer.

I select the ellipse then ==> Modify ==> Explode...

When I select the ellipse with "Select contour", the ellipse is not selected at all and the command line shows :
selectcontour
Entity must be an Atomic Entity.

But selecting the ellipse by the standard way allows to create a hatch inside it...

By the way, how is it possible to revert from the "Explode" ?

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”