freehand rotation

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

lolo160109
Registered Member

freehand rotation

Post by lolo160109 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Does somebody know how to make a freehand rotation of an entity in QCad, around a given rotation center ? Thanks in advance.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:32 pm

That is not possible and seems rather unusual in the context of CAD.

The closest to that is probably to select the entities, cut them to the clipboard and then paste them and enter the angle in the toolbar. This allows you to adjust the angle until the preview looks right.

apjjr

Post by apjjr » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Andrew,
I've used this feature in another CAD program to tryout multiple furniture arrangements. A print with the furniture rotated to the proper orientation in an office layout is more easily understood. In that context of using CAD, freehand rotation would be very suitable. The other program utilized the + and - keys to rotate a fixed number of degrees that could be set in preferences as well as freehand with the mouse.

Alex

cedric.leen
Registered Member

Post by cedric.leen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:04 am

Hello!

I make a "Up" of this post, because after my first week-end on Qcad, I have the same problem. I cross one's fingers for a possible "pick-up" angle in Qcad 3.
I think it's very helpful in architecture, when we have to build into randoms angles of the existing context.

Anyway, it feels good to retrieve a logical and intuitive program, where I found the essence of CAD!

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”