Minor point adjustments and snap grid

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

liderbug
Newbie Member

Minor point adjustments and snap grid

Post by liderbug » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:53 am

First day of use. Can't find in the html manual.

1. I draw a line A -> B -> C -> D -> A and one of the corners is off just a hair. I haven't been able to figure out how to tweek the end point by say 1 grid dot.

2. I'd like to set my resolution to 1/4 or .25 inch with grid points to match - will help solve #1 above. I can't get "sg" any better than 1"

Thanks

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Minor point adjustments and snap grid

Post by andrew » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 am

liderbug wrote:1. I draw a line A -> B -> C -> D -> A and one of the corners is off just a hair. I haven't been able to figure out how to tweek the end point by say 1 grid dot.
To move the end point of one or more lines, please select the line(s) and then drag and drop the appropriate blue squares. To make sure that the end points are exactly at the right position, you might have to zoom in and use the most appropriate snap tool.
liderbug wrote:2. I'd like to set my resolution to 1/4 or .25 inch with grid points to match - will help solve #1 above. I can't get "sg" any better than 1"
You can adjust the grid spacing in Edit - Current Drawing Preferences - Grid. If grid points between an inch are not displayed, zoom in a bit.

liderbug
Newbie Member

Post by liderbug » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Hmmm I swear that is exactly what I had tried - now it works - Thanks

[signed] loose nut hind kb :oops:

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”