Wish list

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

impert

Wish list

Post by impert » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:46 pm

I've been using QCad 2.1.0.0 for about a year now and although I'm very pleased with it I have some suggestions which I think might improve an already great piece of software:

1 I would like to see the amount of space taken up by toolbars reduced to the absolute minimum. To this end it would be nice to be able to choose the tool buttons individually, and to be able to put them wherever one likes. Narrower toolbars would help too. (So would a bigger screen, but that costs money)
2 A hotkey for select/deselect entity, or leave this permanently on the toolbar - which would be easy if the tool buttons were separated.
3 The possibility to leave more than one snap on at the same time.
4 A hotkey toggle to enable/ disable snap .
5 A quick way to return to last action - for instance if you've been trimming lines, and stop in order to draw more lines , right click, hotkey, or button to return to trimming them.
6 Spline editing. (Someone else has suggested this) For some users (eg boat designers and naval architects, but no doubt there are others) it would be useful to be able to edit splines, making them pass through certain points, or to have a smooth transition to a straight line or another curve. There is a naval architecture program called Hullform which does this, and the manual for this gives a good idea of what I have in mind (http://www.hullform.com/ - there is a non-professional freeware version)

edi

Post by edi » Wed May 30, 2007 3:53 pm

How about a search feature? In AutoCAD, you can search for a string.
It would be cool to be able to do that in QCAD. Searching for a block would be nice, too!

webrider

Post by webrider » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Impert,

Item three on your list has been implemented in 2.1.3.2, it is called auto snap. It is on the <Object snap> toolbar but is not mentioned in the Help file. Basically it snaps to all types.

Mark
Newbie Member

Post by Mark » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:22 pm

If auto-snap allowed you to select which of the snap options were applied, rather than all of them, that would be the cat's pajamas.

hca
Newbie Member

Re: Wish list

Post by hca » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:52 pm

I would strongly support the wish for spline editing. In the Modify menu we have the scale option. It scales the selected entities according to a reference point. I could wish a possibility of scaling according to a reference LINE. It would make it possible to make a naval hull or an airplane airfoil slimmer or wider!
/Hans Christian Andersen, Denmark
impert wrote:I've been using QCad 2.1.0.0 for about a year now and although I'm very pleased with it I have some suggestions which I think might improve an already great piece of software:

1 I would like to see the amount of space taken up by toolbars reduced to the absolute minimum. To this end it would be nice to be able to choose the tool buttons individually, and to be able to put them wherever one likes. Narrower toolbars would help too. (So would a bigger screen, but that costs money)
2 A hotkey for select/deselect entity, or leave this permanently on the toolbar - which would be easy if the tool buttons were separated.
3 The possibility to leave more than one snap on at the same time.
4 A hotkey toggle to enable/ disable snap .
5 A quick way to return to last action - for instance if you've been trimming lines, and stop in order to draw more lines , right click, hotkey, or button to return to trimming them.
6 Spline editing. (Someone else has suggested this) For some users (eg boat designers and naval architects, but no doubt there are others) it would be useful to be able to edit splines, making them pass through certain points, or to have a smooth transition to a straight line or another curve. There is a naval architecture program called Hullform which does this, and the manual for this gives a good idea of what I have in mind (http://www.hullform.com/ - there is a non-professional freeware version)

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”