qcad 3 beta is very good, just the performance is too slow

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

xsitian
Newbie Member

qcad 3 beta is very good, just the performance is too slow

Post by xsitian » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:02 am

Dear developer:
I am a qcadpro user from 2008, I have test the latest qcad 3 pro, it's very good software, simple and easy use. I just find the software performance is too slow, even open very small file. I'm on a ubuntu 11.04 64 bit machine with xeon cpu and a nvidia gtx 470 video card. Just wondering why it's so slow, thanks!

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Please try to be more specific:
- Is the user interface slow (opening a menu, choosing and starting tools, etc?)
- Is opening a drawing file slow?
- Is the display of the drawing slow (panning, zooming)?
- Are any particular drawing or modification tools slow (which ones)?
- Is panning / zooming slow with an empty drawing?
- Are things starting to slow down when a drawing is opened?
- Is that also true for the example drawings that are included?

[Edit: please add also your CPU frequency and an indication of how much RAM your computer has]

Thanks

xsitian
Newbie Member

Post by xsitian » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:16 am

Hi Andrew,I do the folllowing test:
1.Open qcad3, the program load fast, I have a 128G SSD driver, it load less than 5 seconds;

2. The menu act very fast, it's the same as other qt applications on my system.

3. Draw lines, circles, polygon are fast.

4.Opening dwg or dxf files is slow, specially big files. I open a file about 1.5mb, it's slow to open it compare to other cad program.

5.The most important, the zoom and pan are very slow, even small files in draft mode, is somewhere can set up the refresh speed or zoom speed(like autocad can set zoomfactor for zoom)?

6. I'm using a 8 core xeon cpu, 2.6g, 4g ram, nvidia gtx470 card, linux driver270.41.19, 64bit linuxmint 11

thanks, sorry for my bad english.

xsitian
Newbie Member

Post by xsitian » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:35 am

Hi Andrew:
I continue to test qcad3 beta and I find that the qt application style may cause the program runs slowly. I always use gtk+ style for my qt apps, after I change the gtk+ to CDE style qcad3 works well, the slow problem get much better now. I have test opening big files, zoom in and out, drawing elements, the speed is much fast under CDE. I will keep testing and feed back.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”