icons in drop down menus

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

tyke

icons in drop down menus

Post by tyke » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 am

I see capital letters rather than figures next to the text in the drop down menu eg in the draw or modify menus.
Is this deliberate and are they just temporary placeholders?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:57 am

These are key codes you can use to quickly launch a tool. E.g. LI means you can press the 'L' key, followed by the 'I' key on your keyboard to quickly start drawing lines. Note that you don't have to type these into the command line. Simply type the key code while working and the tool is launched.

If you are not interested in working with key codes, you can safely ignore these.

tyke

Post by tyke » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:01 am

I liked the immediacy of the icons.
On Macs the keycodes are usually associated with a modifier key such as command. I didn't see that indicated in the menu

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 am

Yes, QCAD is different in this respect. In a CAD, typing LI is much more convenient, faster, easier to remember and yields more combinations than for example Command-L.

Unfortunately, Mac OS X does not support such two stroke key codes which explains the menu look on Mac OS X.

Note that menu entries under Mac OS X almost never have icons (Finder, iTunes, Preview, ...) which is why we don't use icons either for QCAD on Mac OS X. This might be configurable in the future.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”