User Defined Custom Entity

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

kurtforrester
Newbie Member

User Defined Custom Entity

Post by kurtforrester » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:32 am

I would like to create a custom entity for an application (FlowLineEntity). The entity would essentially inherit polyline and add a few custom properties. Is this possible? If it is possible I would additionally want to listen for modifications to entity in order to control the behaviour of the modifications. The entity is similar to a dimension line and would be used in developing process flow diagrams and piping & instrumentation diagrams. The FlowLineEntity is terminated with an arrowhead and provides "jumps" when intersecting other FlowLineEntity's similar to AutoCAD P&ID. I have included a link to a screenshot indicating what I want to achieve.

Thanks in Advance,

KurtImage

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:39 am

The final version of QCAD 3.0 will not have support for custom entities (scriptable entity extensions) or custom properties that can be assigned to entities.

Custom properties are planned for QCAD 3.1.

Scriptable entities would definitely be interesting for applications like the one you described. I've added a feature request for this without a schedule yet:

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=426

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”