print fails at points and blocks

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

smf
Premier Member

print fails at points and blocks

Post by smf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:12 pm

I wrote a small script to print one drawing in several configurations regarding visible layers, scale and center (see file at closed feature request at http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=505).

Two issues persist: points are not visible and blocks are either completely visible or completely invisible (blocks with multiple layers are visible even if some of these layers are frozen).

Do points and block require any special treatment?

Thank you for any help or suggestion.

smf
Premier Member

print fails at blocks, points are too small

Post by smf » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:43 am

After lots of searching, it seems that points are printed in fact. But they are too small for "real printing" and not printed as in "print to pdf" in the gui of QCad. So the remaining issues are:
- How can I change the size/symbol of printed points in a script?
- What can be done if blocks are printed completely even if some of their layers are frozen?

Thank you for any help or suggestion.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 am

The point size is a known problem and fixed for the next release (ready in a few days).

The layer problem might have to do with caching inside block reference entities. Calling updateAllEntities on the document interface might fix it.

If not, feel free to send me an example file, the latest version of the script and an example for calling it for testing.

smf
Premier Member

Post by smf » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Thank you for your reply. I tried calling updateAllEntities at several locations without any difference. I will send you an example-package via mail.

Thanks again, best regards
Stefan

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”