bluea3 wrote:If I only want to print some parts of the drawing - how can I get it?
bluea3 wrote:hi clive...
thx for your answer. It´s all clear about layer, copy/paste.
The thing I wanted to know... is there any possibility to tell the printer that it only prints a specific seciton of the drawing. Means making a frame around the partdrawing, pressing some buttons and print only the marked/framed parts?
andrew wrote:The easiest workaround for now is probably to create a white solid fill that hides the unwanted areas:
- Create a separate layer "overlay" with its color set to white.
- Draw a rectangle that limits the area you want to print.
- Draw another rectangle, at least as large as the complete drawing.
- Select both rectangles and choose "Draw" - "Hatch"
- Create a solid fill.
- If necessary, select everything on that layer and move it to the front ("Modify" - "To Front").
- Switch to print preview and adjust the scale / offset (temporarily switch off layer "overlay" if necessary).
- Make sure that white is printed as white and not black:
Edit - Preferences - Graphics View - untick "Auto correct black and white colors".
This is important since otherwise you will get a black overlay instead.
- Export to PDF or print.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest