Printing only spits out blank pages [solved]

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

kjkeefe
Registered Member

Printing only spits out blank pages [solved]

Post by kjkeefe » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:45 am

I'm using QCAD 3 RC4 on Ubuntu Linux 10.04. I'm trying to print my drawing. It looks great in the print preview. The background switches to white and the three layers I want are displayed in black. But, when I print, it just spits out blank pages.

I really want to figure this problem out. Please let me know what I can do to help diagnose the issue.

Clive

Re: Printing only spits out blank pages

Post by Clive » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 pm

kjkeefe wrote:I'm using QCAD 3 RC4 on Ubuntu Linux 10.04. I'm trying to print my drawing. It looks great in the print preview. The background switches to white and the three layers I want are displayed in black. But, when I print, it just spits out blank pages.

I really want to figure this problem out. Please let me know what I can do to help diagnose the issue.
kjkeefe

Welcome to the forum.

1.Does your page size set up in Edit > Drawing preferences (for current drawing) match your printer page set up?

2.In print preview is your drawing properly 'in' the page?

3.Are you printing to PDF first or direct to your printer?
If direct to your printer -try printing to PDF first and then see if you can print the PDF out on your printer.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Another possible cause could be the use of very thin lines (e.g. 0.00mm or 0.05mm). Depending on your printer's resolution, these lines might print so thin that they are not or hardly visible.

If you cannot resolve the issue, please submit the file for testing if possible: info [at] ribbonsoft [dot] com

kjkeefe
Registered Member

Fixed it

Post by kjkeefe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am

clive had it with his first suggestion. The drawing setting had a page setting of some massive dimension. Anyway, after setting that to the right size and then setting the scale correctly, everything is good now.

Thanks very much for the help!

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Printing only spits out blank pages [solved]

Post by andrew » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 pm

First, try to create a PDF instead of printing and see if the PDF contains anything. The logic behind printing and creating a PDF is exactly the same. If the PDF is empty, so will be the printout.

Check if your lines are not of width 0.00 which might print as (almost) invisible on some printer.

Another possibility is that white lines are printed. Check if the preference "Graphics View" - "Auto correct black and white colors" is checked.

Finally, you might want to submit the file to us for testing (by e-mail or through our bug tracker at: http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”