QCad Library Browser scale ...

Bitte benutzen Sie dieses Forum für Fragen, Kommentare und Probleme im Zusammenhang mit QCAD Professional

Moderators: andrew, Husky

Forum rules

Immer Betriebssystem und QCAD Version angeben.

Zeichnungsdateien und Bildschirmfotos beifügen.

Eine Frage pro Topic.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

QCad Library Browser scale ...

Post by Husky » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi :?

Wie erkenne ich im Library Browser in welchem Maßstab und/oder Maßeinheit das Symbol abgelegt ist?
Und sollte das Symbol in einer Einheit (z.B. mm) abgelegt sein wird es scheinbar nicht in andere (z.B. Inch) umgerechnet, richtig?
Ja, ich kann einen Einfüge Faktor vorgeben - aber ist das jedes mal ein schätzen und ich muss den richtigen Faktor berechnen und nachher für jedes Symbol wissen .... :cry:
Ich habe es mit door01.dxf und anderen ausprobiert - die scheinen nicht 1:1 abgelegt zu sein. Ist das bei allen Symbolen so?

Ist der Sinn einer Bibliothek nicht der das ich diese ohne weitere Bearbeitungen (überwiegend) benutzen kann?

Öffne ich toilet01.dxf direkt in QCad kann ich sehen das diese ein Drawing Unit hat = none und Paper Unit = Inch. Was sagt mir das?
Messe ich die Tiefe der toilete sehe ich ein Maß von 3.3258. Was ist das? mm, Km, inch ..... :?

Clive

Re: QCad Library Browser scale ...

Post by Clive » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:13 am

Hallo Husky

Es scheint mir, dass alle Blöcke in der Bibliothek in mm und in verschiedenen Maßstäben sind!

Blick auf die "WC-Block" zum Beispiel, ich zunächst 'explodiert' es dann änderte die Linienstärke bis 0,13 mm, so dass ich es besser sehen konnte, dann habe ich wieder diese skaliert von 300/1 die mir, was ich als auf die richtige Höhe zu sein.

Ich nehme an, für die "freien" Bibliothek Blöcke aus verschiedenen Quellen in unterschiedlichen Maßstäben sie sein wird. Persönlich habe ich gerade zu ziehen und meine eigene, aber ich denke, Geschwindigkeit für die, die in der Bibliothek sind gut für einen Ausgangspunkt zu modifizieren und zu nutzen.

Hi Husky

It seems to me that all the blocks in the Library are in mm and at various scales!

looking at the 'toilet block' for example, I first of all 'exploded' it then changed the lineweight to 0.13 mm so that I could see it more clearly, then I re-scaled this by 300/1 which gave me what I deemed to be the correct height.

I suppose for 'free' library blocks from various sources they will be at varying scales. Personally I just draw and create my own, but for speed I guess the ones in the library are good for a starting point to modify and use.

Husky

Post by Husky » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 pm

clive wrote:I suppose for 'free' library blocks from various sources they will be at varying scales. Personally I just draw and create my own, but for speed I guess the ones in the library are good for a starting point to modify and use.
Hello Clive - thanks for your answer.

Ok, is that only a starting source - I have to live with that.

But all in all I think the problematic is much more extensive.

The library drawings are struggling with existing Blocks and Layers in the target drawing. I recognized that the same Symbol from the library behave different in different target drawings (Units). I miss or can't see all layer (yes, the twitches are all on "visible") or what is much more worst - if I have already a Block with the same name in my drawing you can't overwrite it with the library symbol. And no, there is no hint what ask me which one I like to use. It just happens .....

If I design a Symbol for the library with a Block what is called "X" and save this in the library path with the name "Y" then I get in my target drawings two block with the same content what appears in the Block list as "X" and "Y". If I delete one - both symbols are gone but one Block name is still in the Block list. Confusing and I think it is a buck!

Also: If I start to put a symbol from the library into my drawing and change my mind before I place it and use exit - then the process is canceled but the block name appears already in the Block list and stays there ....

Also the Fact that I can't save directly from a drawing an existing Block in the library is counterproductive. I have to make a new drawing for this single symbol. :roll:

By the way: Playing around QCad with the Library Browser makes QCad extremely instable :cry:

I don't think this is the end of our debate .........., right? :lol:

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Husky

I`ll work my way through your list and look at some of these out of interest. :wink:

1. The library drawings are struggling with existing Blocks and Layers in the target drawing. I recognized that the same Symbol from the library behave different in different target drawings (Units). I miss or can't see all layer (yes, the twitches are all on "visible") or what is much more worst - if I have already a Block with the same name in my drawing you can't overwrite it with the library symbol. And no, there is no hint what ask me which one I like to use. It just happens .....

:?: Which blocks or block is behaving like this - can you describe the block/s in question or attach an image or file of the block, so that I can try the same one as you.

Husky

Post by Husky » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 pm

clive wrote: :?: Which blocks or block is behaving like this - can you describe the block/s in question or attach an image or file of the block, so that I can try the same one as you.
Certainly - but give me a couple hours because I'm on my way out of town.

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Husky wrote:
Certainly - but give me a couple hours because I'm on my way out of town.
No worries - in your own time.

Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:46 am

clive wrote:Husky

I`ll work my way through your list and look at some of these out of interest. :wink:

1. The library drawings are struggling with existing Blocks and Layers in the target drawing. I recognized that the same Symbol from the library behave different in different target drawings (Units). I miss or can't see all layer (yes, the twitches are all on "visible") or what is much more worst - if I have already a Block with the same name in my drawing you can't overwrite it with the library symbol. And no, there is no hint what ask me which one I like to use. It just happens .....

:?: Which blocks or block is behaving like this - can you describe the block/s in question or attach an image or file of the block, so that I can try the same one as you.
Here we are and I found the reason for this behavior - a already existing block with the same name but a little bit customized in the specific drawing what explains the missing lines etc. :(
Result: QCad ignores a new Block from the library in the case that there is already a block in the drawing with the same name. QCad will use in this case again the first block.
@Andrew
A Bug? Make it not sense to ask in this case to overwrite or ignore the first block and/or rename the new block?

What I also learned:
Don't use Blocks in Library Drawings and give a different Filename - you get on this way two Block names for the same Block in your target drawing.

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:38 am

Husky

I`m not getting the same results as you -

My test case is using Windows 7 - 64, what OS are you using?

1.Draw/create block - square 30mm x 30mm, with smaller square 'centered' inside at 15mm x 15mm with a different colour (yellow) and on a different layer named 'small square'.
2.Save as a block called Squares A in library path - 'my blocks' folder.
3.Open library browser and navigate to 'my blocks' folder, 'drag & drop' block squares A into current drawing.
4.I now select the block then modify > explode and then turn off layer ‘small square’ and delete the top line of the larger square (30mm x 30mm).
5. Next I create block again and name the block again as Squares A in the ‘Block Data’ dialog window, but I get a warning that the block 'already exists', so I change the name to Squares A1.
6. I then ‘save as’ again to the library in ‘my blocks’ folder as the original name -Squares A and I get the option in another dialog window to overwrite file? I click yes and save!
7. Now back in my current drawing I can insert the block Squares A which has been dynamically updated and is now showing the changes I made, I can now ‘drag & drop’ the updated block into my drawing – no duplicates or ‘double named’ blocks showing in the libarary browser!

*Note I could of course saved my ‘modified’ block again with a different name and I would have both the original and the ‘new’ modified block in my folder in the library.

*Note You will of course get two blocks the same showing in the library browser if you save the block with two different file names -this makes logical sense to me, QCAD is working correctly in this instance because when doing this because as far as QCAD is concerned it is using a new/different file name. So the trick here is to be mindful of the filename you give the block.

*Note in order to reflect the chages in the library browser you will need to re-start it.

Husky

Post by Husky » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:14 am

Clive

My OS XP 32

Try this one:
New Drawing - create a rectangle - make a block out of it and call it "rectangle" - save this Drawing in your Library Folder with the name "Test.dxf". Close the drawing.
Now open a new Drawing - create a "Circle" and make a block out of it and call it (stupidly) "rectangle". You can see in your block list the name "rectangle".
Rebuild and open the Library Browser and look for the "Test" Symbol what is actually the stored rectangle. Drag&drop it into the actual drawing with the block "circle".

Do you get now a new rectangle in your existing drawing or a circle?
Do you have still only one block named "rectangle" in your drawing or is there also a "test" block?
Has QCad ask you to overwrite something?

Clive

Post by Clive » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Husky

Yes I see what you mean - I got the same results as you, using your test case, it is strange behaviour! It would indeed be useful if you were asked if you wanted to overwrite the the block name in this instance.
Now I understand you cleary and what is going on. For me personally I always create and save blocks with a slightly different name - however small the modification is e.g.

2 blocks only slightly different might be - rectangle and rectangle b.

I`m sure you do the same and I agree that if you used a 'slightly modified' but similar looking block it would be annoying to insert this block and then realise its actually different! So yes - it would be useful to have the option to overwrite it in an instance like this.

The feature requests you have submitted make sense to me.

For now we have to be 'mindful' about what names we give our blocks and in my case make sure I am wearing my spectacles :lol:

Anyways Husky - keep up the good work and the great suggestions and feature requests, this is what will continue to make QCAD a winner 8)

Return to “QCAD Professional”