How to type coordinates when pasting with references.

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

MiHeGo

How to type coordinates when pasting with references.

Post by MiHeGo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:14 pm

In QCAD 2, when I cut some entities with references, I can very easily enter the coordinates of the reference point where to paste the cut entities : I press the space bar and in the command line juste type "981,1100" [Enter] and it's OK :lol:

With Qcad 3, I follow the same steps but it's not OK :x . On the command line, after the prompt "Position:", I type "981,1100" (without the quotes of course) and press [Enter] and just above the command line, I see a red warning : « Unknown command '981,1100' » and nothing is pasted. I'm nearly totally blocked !

I remember that with Q2, sometimes typing such values (for example the radius for a circle) causes a similar warning (in blue) to appear but anyway, Q2 processed correctly the value.

Any help ? I searched the reference manual but "en vain".

Clive

Re: How to type coordinates when pasting with references.

Post by Clive » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi MiHeGo

Just tested this in QCAD 3 on Win 7 - 64 - no problems.

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/

You will need to register to submit bugs or feature requests.
Last edited by Clive on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 pm

MiHeGo: Extremely likely just a configuration issue:

In QCAD 3, the coordinate format can be configured. This includes configuration of the decimal point (dot or comma) and separation of coordinate pairs x,y.

Have a look under: Application Preferences - General - Coordinate Format

The dialog that was shown to you at the very first start of QCAD 3 offered you a choice between using a dot or using a comma as decimal point. You must have chosen 'comma' there which means the coordinate format is now configured as:
x,xxx;y,yyy

The default format used when choosing a dot at the first start is the same as in QCAD 2:
x.xxx,y.yyy

MiHeGo

Post by MiHeGo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am

I just checked :
1. I didn't change "the default format used when choosing a dot at the first start" (The only change there was selecting a white background, but this gives unacceptable results and I'm introducing a "CRITICAL" bug report as I can't any longer work on my drawings).
2. Q2 used "," as default coordinate separator, Q3 is defnitely not following the default as defined by Andrew.
3. I didn't change anything in the Preferences settings, General, Coordinate format where I can see that the "Cartesian Coordinate Separator" is a Semicolon ";". None of my choice and apparently this should not be so according to the default start settings.
3. This behavior could be linked with the settings for Locales in Windows (Win7, Home Edition, 64 bits, French) where for instance numbers are displayed as "123.456.789,00". But I already notice that even with that setting, MS ACCESS and EXCEL produce a "," when using the dot "." key on the numeric keyboard ; this is a behavior set by the aplication program, not Windows
4. I've no problem using ";" as separator ... when I'll restart using Q3. Not now as I have this problem of colors...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:05 am

MiHeGo wrote:3. This behavior could be linked with the settings for Locales in Windows (Win7, Home Edition, 64 bits, French) where for instance numbers are displayed as "123.456.789,00". But I already notice that even with that setting, MS ACCESS and EXCEL produce a "," when using the dot "." key on the numeric keyboard ; this is a behavior set by the aplication program, not Windows
My fault. I've assumed that you're on a US configured system. You're of course right: QCAD 3 uses the system locale default - for France, that's indeed ',' which solves that riddle.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”