Colors

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

MiHeGo

Colors

Post by MiHeGo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Yesterday, I thought I could manage correctly the colors of my drawing. To-day, after opening a new session, all my "Black/White" layers are back to white and hatch area have colors with some variations. I spend nearly 2 hours restoring correct values. I would appreciate if a next release of QCAD would have an option to specify that colors must be kept as stored before and that Black/White layers are kept in one color to specify : either black, either white.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Colors

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:59 pm

QCAD should of course not change any of the entity or layer colors when a drawing is loaded or saved. Only the display of colors can be adjusted automatically to prevent black on black / white on white visualization of entities.

Switching this option off should give you exactly what you want: fixed colors, what you see is what you get.

Please note that there is no 'Black/white' color in QCAD or DXF/DWG. QCAD 2 used this possibly misleading notion to indicate that the color display is adjusted when drawing black on black or white on white.

Another thought I'm having: Could it be that you are using an older version of the DXF / DWG format? If so you might want to use a newer version instead (File - Save As, choose version at the bottom). Older versions of DXF/DWG use a fixed color palette, so colors might be 'rounded' to the nearest available color when saving a drawing for example to DXF R12.

MiHeGo

Re: Colors

Post by MiHeGo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:24 am

I'm using recent version of files at least if I can rely on QCAD 2 original files. QCAD 3 manages its format.
As Black and custom colors are "auto corrected" de facto each time I save a Q3 file, I can't work on my drawings with QCAD rc5 with enough reliability. Standard non Black/White colors are the only ones preserved, eg Magenta, Blue.
That's why I've prepared a bug report.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”