I just tried this out. It works.
What you describe is typically if you choose a a high value for scale. So try a low value there, let say, "Scale: 0.1".
It its really a BUG, then 1000 Linux Users around the world would report it. So... we can say that there is hope that it works also for you. So it can't be a software bug.
* You wrote: "i tried: chmod 777 brick.dxf". I think it has nothing to do with file access.
* You wrote "the hatch pop-up menu doesn't show the pattern either". Hmm... do you mean the "Priview" in the dialog box for hatch options then?
-> Check if the Pattern can be loaded itself. Check if the pattern is stored correctly so that QCad Prof can load it.
-> Try to add extra path in "Edit, Application Preferences...", "Paths", add your path to patterns here. (default is nothing there) it uses system application default.
So maybe something with your installation is not good.
* But try to open/load this pattern by itself. So try to load
* Then try different sizes, etc.
* Else: Maybe display problems? X-Window System? Graphic-Card? But I cannot see why it should not work.
* Do the following:
<ESC> and again <ESC> to leave all context menu.
Hit "ta", or select "Select all", or hit CTRL-A.
Press OK Button.
Then the Brick should be there just fine.
* Hint: If this not works, try the same on Windows XP or Mac OS X on the same hardware system.
jasper wrote:i tried "solid fill" different square sizes different scales.
its all blank, is says hatch created successfully.
when I do a selection inside the square
it selects the unseen hatch? its weird.
i create linerectangle 10,20(cm)
contour select it
hatch it scale=1 angle=15 pattern=brick
should work right?
the hatch pop-up menu doesn't show the pattern either
looks a bit like bug to me.