Solution to Linux compile problem

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

Solution to Linux compile problem

Postby PhilE » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi All:

When attempting to compile QCAD community edition on my Linux machine running Mandriva 2007.0, I was getting the same error that others had reported, namely:

Code: Select all
ISO C++ does not support 'long long'

After a bit of Googling, I found that I could make this go away by modifying the mkspecs/ file in the directory where I had unpacked the source tarball. At the top of the file, you will see these lines:

QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -pedantic

I commented these out, i.e. so that they now look like this:

#QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -pedantic

I then re-ran the build script and everything worked with no further errors. Obviously, with a piece of software as complex as QCAD, there's no guarantee that this change won't break some feature or other, but at least having it compile and run without problems is a good start.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere...

Phil Edwards
Brighton, UK
Registered Member

Postby hpp3 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks for the tip. I don't know what -pedantic does, but I read somewhere that adding -Wno-long-long to your make options suppressed those errors as well.

As if I know how to do that...

Postby otiecoyote » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm still compiling, but adding the "-Wno-long-long" text to the lines mentioned above allowed the code to compile.

I appreciate the help.
Registered Member

Postby rvt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 am

Compiling QCad will be simple in the near feature :

I am working on a proper fork for the Community edition of QCad, compile currently fine on OSX, Linux and Windows.

There are still issue to work out... but we are getting there!

Return to QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions