DXF export

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

BOBOS
Registered Member

DXF export

Post by BOBOS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi,

I purchased QCAD in 2010 and learned little by little to make some drawings of parts that I let produce at companies with laser cutting or water jet cutting. I send them a DXF file with the drawing.

This works in general when the original drawing has not been made by me and when I just add or remove something. But when I created drawings from scratch, my producers simply can not see anything in the DXF file that I send them. As example attache one of those files.
emotorplates160220122.dxf
(22.48 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
Can somebody somehow help me out of this frustrating situation? Try to keep it simple as I am not very strong in all this. :)

Thanks

andrew
Site Admin

Re: DXF export

Post by andrew » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm

My first guess is that the entities in the file are all white (or black) and the manufacturer uses a white (or black) background. I.e. the entities have the same color as the background.

Note that QCAD 2 automatically adjusts black and white entities to never match your background, but other applications like the one from your manufacturer very likely don't do this.

Clive

Re: DXF export

Post by Clive » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi BOBOS

Further to Andrews suggestion, ask your producers to select everything in your file even if they cannot see anything - at least this will check whether their program is 'identifying' your entities or not!

Return to “Chat”