Solution to Linux compile problem

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

PhilE
Registered Member

Solution to Linux compile problem

Post by PhilE » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi All:

When attempting to compile QCAD community edition on my Linux machine running Mandriva 2007.0, I was getting the same error that others had reported, namely:

Code: Select all

ISO C++ does not support 'long long'
After a bit of Googling, I found that I could make this go away by modifying the mkspecs/defs.pro file in the directory where I had unpacked the source tarball. At the top of the file, you will see these lines:

QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_DEBUG += -pedantic
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -pedantic
I commented these out, i.e. so that they now look like this:

#QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_DEBUG += -pedantic
#QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -pedantic
I then re-ran the build script and everything worked with no further errors. Obviously, with a piece of software as complex as QCAD, there's no guarantee that this change won't break some feature or other, but at least having it compile and run without problems is a good start.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere...

Phil Edwards
Brighton, UK

hpp3

Post by hpp3 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks for the tip. I don't know what -pedantic does, but I read somewhere that adding -Wno-long-long to your make options suppressed those errors as well.

As if I know how to do that...

otiecoyote
Registered Member

Post by otiecoyote » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm still compiling, but adding the "-Wno-long-long" text to the lines mentioned above allowed the code to compile.

I appreciate the help.

rvt

Post by rvt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 am

Compiling QCad will be simple in the near feature : https://sourceforge.net/projects/caduntu/

I am working on a proper fork for the Community edition of QCad, compile currently fine on OSX, Linux and Windows.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/caduntu/

There are still issue to work out... but we are getting there!

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”