QCAD 3.1 will not start [solved]

If you are having problems with QCAD version 3, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

Re: QCAD 3.1 will not start

Postby andrew » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Joern, you will have to do a bit of manual work since the settings have changed their location. It's not impossible to migrate them but you need to be familiar with handling files and folders on your operating system.

Depending on your exact version of Windows, the settings used to be under <application data or roaming>\RibbonSoft\QCAD3.ini.
Exit QCAD, copy or move this file to <application data or roaming>\QCAD\QCAD3.ini and then restart QCAD.
andrew
Site Admin

Postby Joern » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:00 pm

Hallo Andrew,
thanks for your mail concerning the *.ini file. That's nearly what i thought.
Anyway I set my settings manually and all is working fine now.
Thanks for your bother and your prompt replies.
Kind regards
Joern

P.S.
I am a bit disappointed that version 3.1.1 again doesn't offer the option to print filename and date into your printout. I made that suggestion to Clive last year and he put it down as a "feature request". But ....
Joern

Postby andrew » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Joern wrote:I am a bit disappointed that version 3.1.1 again doesn't offer the option to print filename and date into your printout. I made that suggestion to Clive last year and he put it down as a "feature request". But ....

I understand. We have some 176 pending feature requests and very limited resources and time. Unfortunately, for every user another feature has top priority, which makes it quite impossible to make everyone happy.

Thanks for your patience!
andrew
Site Admin

Previous

Return to QCAD 3 Troubleshooting and Problems