Drawing of splines with fit points does not work?

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

swissguest
Newbie Member

Drawing of splines with fit points does not work?

Post by swissguest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:20 pm

I am evaluating the Pro version of QCAD for a specific feature: Drawing of splines with fit points. However, it does not seem to work for me.

Drawing splines with control points is easy, after I click the third control point, the spline appears in the drawing - as expected.

However, when I choose to draw spline with fit points, I can click as many fit points as I like, and then finish the spline - the spline drawing does not appear. Whether I chose reference points on another entity, or just click them "freestyle", it does not matter.

Am I missing something? Is there a specific requirement for the nature of fit points?

Thank you!

Version: 3.4.2.0 (3.4.2)
Build Date: Oct 25 2013

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Drawing of splines with fit points does not work?

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Note that splines from fits points will only working as long as the trial add-ons are still active.
Once the trial add-ons expire, you will have to restart QCAD to use the tool to draw splines from fits points.

If you cannot resolve the problem, please let me know what operating system you are on, so I can try to reproduce your problem, thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 pm

I think the problem might be that you have (accidentally?) disabled or removed the trial version of the DWG add-on. This add-on links in the Teigha libraries and is required to display splines from fit-points and for other advanced spline operations.

QCAD Pro includes the DWG add-on and the QCAD Pro scripts add-on.

swissguest
Newbie Member

Post by swissguest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:39 pm

Andrew, thanks for the immediate response and for the hint to the DWG add-on. Yes, I did disable all but the Pro add-ons - since I was not interested in the others. I will verify this, thanks!

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:46 pm

OK, thanks for the confirmation. You can re-enable the DWG add-on by renaming the file in the plugins folder of you QCAD installation or by reinstalling QCAD.

swissguest
Newbie Member

Post by swissguest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Confirmed. I re-enabled the DWG add-on, and with this, the splines on fit points works as expected. I did not realize the dependency. Excellent tool, btw!

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”