Selection Filter - Layers question

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Clive

Selection Filter - Layers question

Post by Clive » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Unless I'm missing something, I think when I am starting/opening a different drawing the selection filter should update and show correct layers - right ?

Here you can see that the selection filter is still showing the available layers from the previous drawing, I did close/open the selection filter - but still same result and closing the first drawing down makes no difference!
Is this a bug here?
Selection Filter - layer question.png
Selection Filter - layer question.png (20.92 KiB) Viewed 7883 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Clive

Re: Selection Filter - Layers question

Post by Clive » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Hmm, the only way I can make this reset even after closing/reopening the selection filter is by redefining the filter fields.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Yes, I am aware of that. The same problem also exists when layers are added / removed / renamed.
Basically, the widget has to listen to layer changes, but that causes another problem which has not been solved yet. For now, you can choose another property and then choose layer again to force an update.

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Okay thanks Andrew, I kind of worked it out as you can see by my previous post. Looking forward to any improvements made :D .

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:44 pm

andrew wrote: For now, you can choose another property and then choose layer again to force an update.
This works for the first time you do this - it updates as you say, but then if you select say 'colour' in the property field, we are back to square one again with different layers!

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Okay I got it now, scrub that last post - re-selecting the fields does indeed update the widget,it just means that at the moment we have to do this when changing to or opening a different drawing file.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”