Purge unused ...

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Purge unused ...

Post by Husky » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm

... Blocks and Layers.

Maybe it is a problem of the newest release - maybe not.

I can't purge unused Layers in one pass and also Blocks needs at least two runs to get rid of all unused blocks. It seems also to be important to purge first the blocks and then the layers.

Andrew - if you need a corresponding drawing - I have one :wink:

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Purge unused ...

Post by andrew » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Husky wrote:It seems also to be important to purge first the blocks and then the layers.
That makes sense though, doesn't it?
Those unused blocks may still be using some unused layers (which makes those layers used at that moment).
Layers, however, are an independent concept. An unused layer does not depend on anything.

So, to purge all unused blocks and layers, always purge the blocks first.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Purge unused ...

Post by Husky » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:24 pm

andrew wrote:That makes sense though, doesn't it?
Understood! If I don't see anything it doesn't means there is not something. :lol:
andrew wrote:So, to purge all unused blocks and layers, always purge the blocks first.
Maybe it could prevent more question regarding this behavior if you mention this fact in the "QCAD Reference manual". There is no description, no procedure no hint available regarding this topic. Also the info that it could take a couple passes to clean the Block / Layer List would be helpful. What do you think?

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”