Greetings

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Jang
Newbie Member

Greetings

Post by Jang » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Hello, from Long Island, NY :!:

Of the many CAD software possibilities I have explored, QCAD has already found a home in my design work flow. Being involved in the home building trades as a craftsman, and a generally 'Artsy-Crafty' kind of guy, I often find myself needing a detailed and precise plan to work from for my projects. QCAD provides this nicely, and I find it to be a very stable and capable tool for my purposes. iMac 21" OSX 10.8.5

I have just purchased the Pro-version / Book PDF, and am awaiting final delivery.
I am anxious to delve into the more detailed functionalities of this very cool design tool.

I spent only a few days exploring the free version and was quickly able to complete a design plan for a custom shelve unit I was building. After learning the basics, I found myself quickly moving right along with QCAD. It's hard to explain, but other CAD programs are just needlessly complicated, for some reason.

The forum area here seems fairly active and a few simple searches have turned up many answers to some of the initial questions I had while getting started. The initial basic help documentation is quite adequate, but as I continue to climb the learning curve, many of the more advanced tools require the purchase of the Pro version.
For the nominal cost, it seems well worth it.

I hope I can become a useful participant here, and contribute something to the forum.

Thank You, :D
Jang

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Greetings

Post by Husky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Welcome to the forum Jang!

Clive

Re: Greetings

Post by Clive » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi Jang and welcome to our forum. You are right about other CAD software being needlessly complicated - QCAD is definitely not in this category, using QCAD is a breeze and I'm sure you'll progress nicely :wink:
Any input to the forum is most welcome indeed, thanks :)
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”