3 features i would love to see

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

vladilinsky
Newbie Member

3 features i would love to see

Post by vladilinsky » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:50 pm

I have been useing Qcad Professional (under Slackware) for a few months now, and there are three features which would make my CAD life much easer.

1. If i push CTL SHIFT A it selects everything. I would like it if i push CTL ALT A, a second time for it to de-select everything. (similar to Blender)

2. I would like an option to put a line exactly halfway between two existing parallel lines.

3. Finaly I would like the files that i have open to be represented by tabs at the top of the drawing, like web pages in firefox. or/and if i have a file open but it is in the background and i select it from the recents menu it should bring that file to the for front not open a new file.

Just a few sugestions, keep up the good work.

michael
Site Admin

Post by michael » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:24 pm

1. Some use CTRL+A to select all.
And Ctrl+SHIft+A to deselect all.

Some use SHIFT+H to deselect all.

Here in QCad Professional it is "tn".
Select all is "ta".

Also not that bad.

Maybe it is a good idea to have it separate for QCad or use also Ctrl-Shift-A to deselect all.

2. You can use "lo" line orthogonal.
And "sc" select center.

- 1. construct a orthogonal line and Trimm it with "d2".
- 2. Use "lo" again with "sc" to draw the "line between the lines".

3. Yes, good idea. Thanks for the suggestions.

stan.distortion

Post by stan.distortion » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Throwing in another 4c for these 2, configurable hotkeys or, if it can be done with scripting, a brief howto would be a nice feature and tabs for open documents would be great. Sorry if any of these (or any other posts) are already implemented, an RTFM won't cause offence as I often need reminding :)
cheers

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”