Snap middle of the minimum distance between two entity's

This forum is for 'Work-in-Progress' QCAD user developed script Add Ons and Plug-ins.

Please use this forum to request/submit your script Add-Ons & Plug-in idea's.

Moderators: andrew, Husky, J-J

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Snap middle of the minimum distance between two entity's

Post by Husky » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi everybody - I thought it can't hurt to put this "Feature request" also in this rubric - maybe somebody has fun and the time to work on it.

I think this explains everything what I'm looking for - but - if not - just ask. :wink:

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... sk_id=1428

Thanks guys!!! 8)
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro

Clive
Moderator / Drawing Help

Re: Snap middle of the minimum distance between two entity's

Post by Clive » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:19 am

Just added my vote, what an excellent suggestion :D
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky

Post by Husky » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:17 pm

Clive wrote:Just added my vote, what an excellent suggestion :D
Thanks Clive! :D

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Hi Husky

I downloaded your example drawing. Playing with the new tool 'Info: Distance Entity to Entity', I realised that this option always finds the shortest distance between any two entities. By checking the box 'add measurement to drawing', a line is printed along with the distance. You can snap to the middle point of the line.

Hope this helps

Regards

riverbuoy

Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:21 am

Hello riverbuoy, :D
riverbuoy wrote:Hi Husky

I downloaded your example drawing. Playing with the new tool 'Info: Distance Entity to Entity', I realised that this option always finds the shortest distance between any two entities. By checking the box 'add measurement to drawing', a line is printed along with the distance. You can snap to the middle point of the line.

Hope this helps

Regards

riverbuoy
Yep - that is what I do right now as a workaround. But my goal is to get rid of those unnecessary steps to get this simple task done.

Please consider - if I work on that way I have afterwards to remove this added measurement from the "Distance between two entities" tool. What means the text, the line and the divider. If I have my "help construction" between many other entities it is a pain in the back to remove it. Sure - I can use an extra layer for that but I think you will already agree that is just to much "workaround".

That is the reason why I have ask for a new snap tool. I think it should work like the "Middle Manual" snap tool. Just give it two entities and it will calculate the shortest distance between them and snap to it. I was hoping that the basic code of the "Distance entity to entity" info tool is usable to design this new snap tool but unfortunately I'm not a programmer.

Thanks for looking into this problematic - I appreciate it!

Return to “QCAD 'Script Add-On & Plug-in challenge' - Work in Progress”