Hatches : common size

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ba38
Registered Member

Hatches : common size

Post by ba38 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:34 am

Hi all
I have received a drawing from Draftsight software and its print of hatched polygons shows solid black filling.
I would like to easily change the scale of the hachted pattern of all polygons using a commun command in the menu "Preferences" as I do currently in the software Autoskecht I use in an old computer.
But I cannot find such a command either in the Current Preferences or the Application Preferences Menu.
Is it a simple way to do that ?
Thanks in advance.
Bernard

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hatches : common size

Post by Husky » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:26 pm

I would use the Property Editor ....

Select "All" in your drawing,
Check the Property Editor for "Selection:", switch that to Hatches,
The property's for hatches are now shown in the Property Editor and you can change them global ....
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Hatches : common size

Post by CVH » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:44 pm

hi,
first: Are they solid filled or are they patterned?
One can't change the scale of a solid filled because it has none.

If they are patterned, then the style and scale was intentionally and all is stored in the file itself.
Using a pattern at a ridiculous small scale to look like solid filled is a bad practice.

If those are special patterns that come with the file, one can't change the scale ... nor the origin, nor the angle
... QCAD has no local copy of the hatch pattern file to regenerate these hatches.

QCAD has no global parameter for the hatch scale.
Selection Filter ... Select all of the hatch type ... Replace Selection ... Alter the scale in the property Editor.

But that way you would get lots of different patterns in selection with different scales and so on.
The selection Filter eventually can select things more specific.

Regards,
CVH

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”