Separate purchase / Upgrade to +CAM posible?

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

charlie_fd
Newbie Member

Separate purchase / Upgrade to +CAM posible?

Post by charlie_fd » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi,

I've just purchased the qcad pro only to find out that it might have been a better idea to get the qcad+cam option. I just need to cut plywood most of the times and I'm sure the +CAM module would suit this usecase just fine. Would it also be possible to also cut bevels (cut in multiple passes while progressively offsetting the cutting path in or out ?

Anyway, the question is can I buy the CAM module or upgrade from Qcad pro to qcad+cam ?

Thanks!

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Separate purchase / Upgrade to +CAM posible?

Post by andrew » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:28 am

charlie_fd wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:03 pm
Would it also be possible to also cut bevels (cut in multiple passes while progressively offsetting the cutting path in or out ?
No, there is no such feature in QCAD/CAM. You'd have to create different toolpaths for each offset.
charlie_fd wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:03 pm
Anyway, the question is can I buy the CAM module or upgrade from Qcad pro to qcad+cam ?
Yes, no problem. I've sent you a discount coupon code to get a discount for the price of QCAD when purchasing QCAD/CAM.

charlie_fd
Newbie Member

Re: Separate purchase / Upgrade to +CAM posible?

Post by charlie_fd » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:10 am

I've done the upgrade, for simple cuts I will not have to switch to a different software and that's great.

Thanks!

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”