Professional Free trial add-ons

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

kemerkid
Newbie Member

Professional Free trial add-ons

Post by kemerkid » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:31 pm

How do we remove these professional add-ons?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Professional Free trial add-ons

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:35 pm

kemerkid
Newbie Member

Post by kemerkid » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:42 am

Sorry Andrew but this link only tells me what to delete not where to find them.
At the bottom right of the drawing page there is a box called QCAD Professional followed by three selections Trial, Buy and Remove. when I click on remove it brings up a box with a list of four items to remove with an OK button at the bottom. If I click OK button nothing happens. If I highlight the the four plugin .so items and click OK nothing happens.
I am finding this program very useful but until I can control what I have got I do not want to buy the software.
Can you help me please?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:48 am

You'd have to use a file manager or a console to remove those plugin files.

The place where to find them would be:
[QCAD installation directory]/plugins

Where [QCAD installation directory] is the directory where you've installed QCAD. For example /home/yourname/opt/qcad-3.25.2-pro-linux-x86_32 or similar. I hope that helps.

kemerkid
Newbie Member

Post by kemerkid » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:27 pm

OK Andrew I found them in the opt folder and removed them. I must say you know your stuff.
I will now spend time evaluating this program with a more certain view to buying it. I have another question though, going back to my first post on here in the introduce yourself section I mentioned that I could not download qcad to my Toshiba laptop and we spent some time looking for solutions. If I Buy the software will I be able to download it to this troublesome laptop?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:32 pm

kemerkid wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:27 pm
If I Buy the software will I be able to download it to this troublesome laptop?
Unfortunately, we cannot assist with downloading issues. This could be any kind of technical issue anywhere in the Internet between our server and your computer, your WiFi or even your hard drive. You could download on a different computer, then transfer the file using a USB stick or similar device or order a USB stick with QCAD Professional from us.

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”