One model and multiple printable drawings

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

daalgi
Registered Member

One model and multiple printable drawings

Post by daalgi » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:06 pm

I was checking out if I could use QCAD professionally for the production of civil engineering drawings. Normally we have a cad file that contains the complete model, and a bunch of layouts (in Autocad) that allow us to print the different needed views and details in drawings (between 10 and 20 A3) to be used in the construction site. I couldn't find in QCAD how to setup those layouts, so that if I change something in the model I can just print all the layouts (drawings) again with a simple click. Is it possible to setup something similar? Or I have to manually modify and print the drawings one by one?

Many thanks!

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: One model and multiple printable drawings

Post by Husky » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:06 pm

daalgi wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:06 pm
Normally we have a cad file that contains the complete model, and a bunch of layouts (in Autocad) that allow us to print the different needed views and details in drawings (between 10 and 20 A3) to be used in the construction site.
Same philosophy in QCAD Pro. One Model_Space + the possibility of creating a bunch of layouts ...
Note: In QCAD Pro is currently no command to print ALL different layouts at ones. You have to trigger one by one.
BUT: You can create a layout with 10, 20 (what ever) pages and print them all together with a simple click ...
daalgi wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:06 pm
I couldn't find in QCAD how to setup those layouts, so that if I change something in the model I can just print all the layouts (drawings) again with a simple click. Is it possible to setup something similar? Or I have to manually modify and print the drawings one by one?
Layouts are created in QCAD Pro below Menu / Block / Add Layout Block. Then define Viewports and a change in Model_Space will be imitatively reflected in a layout.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

daalgi
Registered Member

Re: One model and multiple printable drawings

Post by daalgi » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:47 pm

Sounds great, I'll have a look. Thank you!

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”