Meaning of "Leg" and others

Discussions related to user interface translations of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Valdas
Newbie Member

Meaning of "Leg" and others

Post by Valdas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:36 pm

List of questions :) :

In qcadlib_en.ts - QObject i found strings "Leg 1|X1", "Leg 2|X1",... Where these string used? What mean these strings?
Also what means string "X Datum"?
"Major Point|X" = point of major axis of ellipse?
"Floor" and "Duplicate Floor" its about special type of layer?
Where i can find info about "Plu" units?
In qcad_en.ts i found "Simulation Controls", what purpose of this function (seems that in qcad someday appears FEM)?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Meaning of "Leg" and others

Post by andrew » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:48 pm

Valdas wrote: In qcadlib_en.ts - QObject i found strings "Leg 1|X1", "Leg 2|X1",... Where these string used? What mean these strings?
These are used in the property editor. The '|' is just a separator. A 'Leg' in this context is one of two lines. The two lines enclose an angle.
Valdas wrote: Also what means string "X Datum"?
The X part of a coordinate, used for coordinate dimensioning.
Valdas wrote: "Major Point|X" = point of major axis of ellipse?
Yes.
Valdas wrote: "Floor" and "Duplicate Floor" its about special type of layer?
You best leave that untranslated. These texts are not used in QCad and will change in the future.
Valdas wrote: Where i can find info about "Plu" units?
One PLU is 0.025 Millimeter or 1/1016 of an Inch. It's used for plotters (the default unit of HP/GL). PLU = PLotter Unit.
Valdas wrote: In qcad_en.ts i found "Simulation Controls", what purpose of this function (seems that in qcad someday appears FEM)?
This is the widget title of a widget that is only available in the QCad based product "CAM Expert". You might want to leave that untranslated.

Return to “Translations”