QCAD Dark Theme

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

TSG
Premier Member

QCAD Dark Theme

Post by TSG » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:56 am

Dark again, but this time the Dark Theme in QCAD. :mrgreen:

I use QCAD 3.21.3 with macOS Mojave.
When I switch into the Dark Theme in QCAD (via application preferences) my tools in the Tool Matrix look a bit strange.
The background of some Icons is darker than the other ones (see attached screenshot 2).
Same for some icons in the upper tool bar.
Is it possible to change the icon background colors for example into the lighter black so that the icons look more homogeneous?

The second point I want to ask for is:
is it possible to automatically invert the icons in the Library Browser when switching into Dark Theme? Now the icons look in Light Theme the same as in Dark Theme (see attached screenshot 1). It would look much better if the icons were inverted from black on white into white on black when using the Dark Theme.

Thomas
Attachments
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (82.1 KiB) Viewed 6927 times
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (72.99 KiB) Viewed 6927 times
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

TSG
Premier Member

Re: QCAD Dark Theme

Post by TSG » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 am

I'm sorry. Sometimes it helps to look more precisely... e_ugeek

The icon background in the Tool Matrix depends on the existence of a selection.
Needs a tool a selection and there are no entities selected the icon background gets darker black.
That makes absolutely sense and I have to withdraw my first point.

I also found out that blocks change their color (white on black or black on white) depending on the selected Theme but I have to recreate every folder in the Library Browser manually. Is there a possibility to recreate them automatically.
In addition to it I think the icons should change depending on the drawing background (white or black) not depending on the Theme.

Thomas
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”