PREF request: Always print embedded images in color option

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

tkyler

PREF request: Always print embedded images in color option

Post by tkyler » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:34 pm

I typically print in black and white for the best possible contrast and readability on paper; however, I also typically embed lots of bitmaps that I generate from other 3D softwares...as a form of "clarifying views" on my drawings.

Of course when printing black/white, the embedded images come out in grayscale. ...so the idea is to print in black and white but have the images still in color.

CVH
Premier Member

Re: PREF request: Always print embedded images in color option

Post by CVH » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:08 am

tkyler,

Question: When printing in full color is black then not readable black contrasting with the rest?
Or white on white for that matter.

For me a full color print of a black on white drawing is perfectly black on white.
I don't see a difference with printing in Grayscale Mode nor printing in Black/White Mode.
I have to add that I use a laser printer.

This only starts to matter when I use entities in any color but black (or white).
But then the color is intentionally and should be printed as such.

A work around would be using black for all layers and thus for the entities that live on them, the bitmap would still be in full color.
This is temporarily possible with Layer States, see: https://www.ribbonsoft.com/en/tutorial- ... yer-states
This won't work when using custom entities colors, remind that layers are intended to control entities attributes.

One can always add a feature request here: http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker
You need a separate account there or register for one.

Regards,
CVH

tkyler

Post by tkyler » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:49 pm

Thx CVH,

FYI..attached is the use case. This is a screenshow of the PDF export.

I think Layer States is indeed the way to go for what I need. Didn't realize it captured color as well as Viz. Shame on me for not testing that.

A bug report may be? Hitting Y1 after setting up a layer state brings up the Text box...exactly the same result as the 'TE' shortcut...so I have to create 3 layer states just to use the 2...because Y1 doesn't work as expected.

Anyow...still learning all the great features...thx for heads up with layer states.

Tom
use_case.png
use_case.png (367.11 KiB) Viewed 22421 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:25 pm

tkyler wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:49 pm
A bug report may be? Hitting Y1 after setting up a layer state brings up the Text box...exactly the same result as the 'TE' shortcut...so I have to create 3 layer states just to use the 2...because Y1 doesn't work as expected.
In which QCAD version? This bug shouldn't exist anymore since version 3.27.9.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

tkyler

Post by tkyler » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:30 pm

Rev: ca7ed14
Qt 5.14.2
x86_64
OSX in Rosetta

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”