drawing preferences issue

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

webrider

drawing preferences issue

Post by webrider » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:10 pm

Win7, v3.4.6
1. I just noticed that if I load a drawing created by v2.2.2 using v3.4.6 the drawing preferences units of measure for that page falsely report mm ( as used by v2.2.2 even though inches are the units).

2. If I cut and paste the same drawing to a new file in v3.4.6 the drawing preferences units of measure are (") as they should be.

Does this indicate that 2.2.2 drawing templates are being used by v3.12.8 when the older v2.2.2 drawing is loaded? Is this an upgrade oversight?
Last edited by webrider on Tue May 03, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webrider

Re: drawing preferences issue

Post by webrider » Tue May 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Having completed my video lesson on scaled printing, I can now provide more insight to this problem. Although my v2.2.2 tabloid drawing was in inches, it was loaded by v3.4.6 with drawing units as inches but with paper units as mm. When I then changed the paper dimension units to inches, v3.4.6 then displayed the proper paper dimension units. However, the numerical data remained in mm data form. This allowed 274 to represent 11 actual inches. The print preview confirmed that the numerical data did not adjust to reflect 11 inches for the paper width.

So the only bug I see is that the numerical data was not adjusted to reflect the new dimension units. Hope this helps.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”