Scaled Block with hatch

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Scaled Block with hatch

Post by Husky » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:41 am

Hi,

I learned after playing around (Customer question) with an inserted and scaled block with hatch that the Scale Factor for the Hatch will also be affected by the scale factor. Affected or not depends on the scale direction (x or y or x and y).
Husky-2017.01.09-03.png
Husky-2017.01.09-03.png (17.22 KiB) Viewed 11625 times
In my opinion it would be nice that a scaled hatch will keep it original Hatch scale - would that be possible?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

discotek

Re: Scaled Block with hatch

Post by discotek » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:29 am

Hi Husky

This is what I regogniced as well yesterday at my tests when I was playing arround. So I changed from hatch to colour filling. But hatch would be more professional...

Cu gregor

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:42 am

Hi Husky

I think the scaling of the hatches is correct, if I have a section of timber with hatching at 1:25 then I rescaled at 1:5 I need the hatch to scale accordingly otherwise my hatching would not be correct.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:44 am

Hi Clive,
Clive wrote:... need the hatch to scale accordingly otherwise my hatching would not be correct.
not what I learned. Not matching hatches are chosen to show clearly that this hatch has to identify a different section/part/material etc.

The shape of a section has nothing to do with the scale of a hatch. If I use the same timber with different sizes and I like to mark it as the same timber typ then the hatch has to be visually identical. If the hatch is different then it is chosen to show clearly this difference.

The same would be with mirroring a hatch. If you mirror a hatch in QCAD it will treat it like text. Size, direction and scale will stay like the original source because not matching the source would be incorrect and isn't correct readable ...
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 am

Husky wrote:Hi Clive,
Clive wrote:... need the hatch to scale accordingly otherwise my hatching would not be correct.
not what I learned. Not matching hatches are chosen to show clearly that this hatch has to identify a different section/part/material etc.

The shape of a section has nothing to do with the scale of a hatch. If I use the same timber with different sizes and I like to mark it as the same timber typ then the hatch has to be visually identical. If the hatch is different then it is chosen to show clearly this difference.

The same would be with mirroring a hatch. If you mirror a hatch in QCAD it will treat it like text. Size, direction and scale will stay like the original source because not matching the source would be incorrect and isn't correct readable ...
This "Hatch thing" was invented to show in a black and white drawing sections, parts etc which belong together and which not. Today we could use different colors .... :wink:

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:44 am

Husky: unfortunately, as far as I know, that is also Autocad behaviour and should probably be implemented the same way in QCAD. Although Autocad will also "squeeze" the hatch pattern if non-uniform scaling is used. QCAD simply cannot do that at this point.

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Thanks Andrew for this Info.

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Husky,

I am talking about the scaling of hatches ... not changing anything else!
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky

Post by Husky » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 am

Clive wrote:Husky,

I am talking about the scaling of hatches ... not changing anything else!
Thanks Clive but I think I understood you correctly. :wink:

I'm talking about NOT to scale the Hatch within an inserted and scaled block. That makes no sense to me regardless that AutoCad is doing that on the same way. Yes I understand the goal to be compatible but it feels just wrong and is a kind of uncontrolled effect if I see a result like this simple example ...
Husky-2017.01.11-06.png
Husky-2017.01.11-06.png (23.95 KiB) Viewed 11590 times
How will you explain this behavior to students ..... e_surprised

In my opinion it should look like this ...
Husky-2017.01.11-07.png
Husky-2017.01.11-07.png (24.87 KiB) Viewed 11590 times
.... no explanation needed! :D

discotek

Post by discotek » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:49 am

@husky: I never wanted to expand my problem with scale like this

But it is in my opinion, it should scale everything. Otherwise I have to do 2 extra steps: control an scale the hutch

Best regards gregor

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”