Viewports - feedback /suggestion

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Viewports - feedback /suggestion

Post by Clive » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:59 pm

Hello Andrew,

Once again thank you for investing the time to implement the new viewports feature for QCAD, fantastic, a great leap forward as far as I am concerned. I would especially like to thank you for the 'Auto' option when in a layout space to automatically dimension at the correct scales, very useful indeed.

I would like to suggest that an option to be added to the - Application settings - graphics view - colors -to be able to pick a different colour for the view borders!
[EDIT] UPDATE Okay this is not needed as the viewport attributes are dependent on the layer used when creating a viewport - of course duh! :roll:

Further forward, if possible I would like to suggest that when selecting a viewport with the option to select a polygon border similar to when using the standard selection tools - 'Select Polygon TP' ?

Many thanks

Clive
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Viewports - feedback /suggestion

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 am

Layouts and viewports have been added to QCAD in the hope that they will be useful to some users with advanced printing requirements. The implementation is by no means complete. If time and resources allow for it, more features might be added at some point in the future.

Please understand that this is not a priority at the moment though, since the current implementation allows for the use case requested by most users: being able to arrange various parts of a drawing on different paper sizes and creating multiple layouts for the same drawing.

Clive

Re: Viewports - feedback /suggestion

Post by Clive » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 am

Hi Andrew, of course, all understood.

To be honest what you have implemented already would be enough for me alone :wink:

Many thanks

Clive
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”