Arrow keys in 3.19.2 have a problem

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

cpdenver
Newbie Member

Arrow keys in 3.19.2 have a problem

Post by cpdenver » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi Andrew -- thank you for a wonderful product.
New poster here, but I've been using QCAD Pro for 2+ years. The Forum has been enough to answer all my questions up until now.

1) I can't use 3.19.2 and have reverted to 3.18.0 because of the implementation of the "nudge" function on arrow keys in 3.19.2 when an object is selected.
Note that I must use keyboard and shortcut combinations as much as possible. Usually I type in absolute or relative point coordinates when construcing geometric objects. I can't use a mouse of any sort (separate device, scratch pad, track pointer, etc.) for more than a little bit during a day because of physical limitations. QCAD has been wonderful about fully supporting use of the arrow keys and also keyboard shortcuts.
Could the nudge function be configurable whether it is active? I would be happy to be the one who has to change away from the default action and work through the configuration options.

Frequently I need to scroll the display while an object is selected. Example: when "tracing" an underlying bitmap image, I need to move the whole illustration to continue creating a spline.
Now in 3.19.2 the arrow keys move the object around.

2) An annoyance in 3.19.2:
When the arrow keys ARE available to move the display (no object is selected), the sense of movement is opposite to 3.18.0 and all previous versions that I've used.
For example, pressing the down arrow moves the vertical scroll bar up and the displayed objects toward the bottom of the window.
In 3.18.0 the opposite is true -- the down arrow moves the vertical scroll bar down and displayed objects toward the top of the window. I MUCH prefer this implementation.

Thanks and wishing you a Happy and Profitable New Year.

cpdenver

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Arrow keys in 3.19.2 have a problem

Post by andrew » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'll add a preference setting for that. The reversed up / down panning has been fixed for the next release as well.

I can certainly relate as I cannot use a mouse for longer than a few minutes. However, for me a tablet with a pen has been the solution.

cpdenver
Newbie Member

Re: Arrow keys in 3.19.2 have a problem

Post by cpdenver » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Thank you for the lightning-fast reply!
I will watch for the next update
Carol in Denver

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”