"Paste along Entity" for Circle etc.

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

"Paste along Entity" for Circle etc.

Post by Husky » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi,

always when I have to work on something like this I would love to use the "Paste along Entity" tool for holes etc. ...

Husky-2018.11.10-01.png
Husky-2018.11.10-01.png (64.57 KiB) Viewed 9149 times

... but the tool doesn't accepts circle etc. . There is no warning when I pick an entity which isn't accepted - it's just not working.

I think it can't work on circle etc because there is no information "where to start". Generally this is already a powerful tool and arranging something on a circle is a daily task.
Is there a way to enhance this tool so it works on all entity's? Maybe asking for an additional click for the Start point ... ?

Edit:
To get all out of my mind regarding this "Paste along Entity" tool.
The missing option where to start with inserting along an entity leads most of the time (in my cases) that I have to put extra effort into the task to finish an inserting manually.
Would be nice to have an option like the "Restrict Angle or Lengths" tool to choose the base value by ourself. Maybe an Option Box "Base 0" yes/no.

Husky-2018.11.10-03.png
Husky-2018.11.10-03.png (46.43 KiB) Viewed 9145 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Re: "Paste along Entity" for Circle etc.

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 pm

I think it can't work on circle etc because there is no information "where to start".
Yes.

The tool could assume that you want to start at angle 0 for circles which would probably cover most use cases. What I'm trying to avoid is that every tool becomes an eierlegende Wollmilchsau :wink:.
Generally this is already a powerful tool and arranging something on a circle is a daily task.
I'd recommend the Rotate tool (or the Rotate Two tool) for such use cases. These are the specialized tools for arranging things in circular patterns.

An option to include start- / endpoints sounds like a good idea.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:06 am

Hi,

I checked the Snapshot regarding this feature request and I've to say: I can't ask for more! Well done! Thank you very much! :D
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

TSG
Premier Member

Post by TSG » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Yes, thank you very much, but ...
I can ask for more. :D

When creating a bank it would help to place objects with an Offset (see attached example).
Sreenshot.jpeg
Sreenshot.jpeg (153.39 KiB) Viewed 9000 times
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”