Help PDF

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

giosue
Registered Member

Help PDF

Post by giosue » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi everybody.

Look,I got a problem I want to export to PDF,but when I do it (I click in File,but when I export it to PDF,the file is PDF file is empty) I dont know what can I do...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Help PDF

Post by Husky » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:37 pm

Hello giosue - welcome to the forum!
giosue wrote:Hi everybody.

Look,I got a problem I want to export to PDF,but when I do it (I click in File,but when I export it to PDF,the file is PDF file is empty) I dont know what can I do...
Sounds like your drawing isn't correct positioned on the print paper. Here is a little tutorial which will help you to solve the problem.
http://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3317
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:29 pm

Er...I also have a pdf problem (again!). I don't think it's the same, but I couldn't find the button to start a new thread. I have a rectified photograph, supplied by a surveyor as a dwg file, that I imported into qcad. I've added an archaeological overlay, as polylines, hatches, text etc, and need to print out sections with the lines and the photo. The print preview feature just does not seem to be working (although it worked on another file I tried) - all I can see is the little hand icon. I've checked and double checked the scales of everything (as I'm sure that's where the problem lies), uninstalled and reinstalled qcad, but it's still not working.

I'm getting a bit desperate here, so I hope you can help. (And on a minor note, I would like my white lines to print out as white, not black as they show in the preview - is that possible).

Very much looking forward to hearing from you.
Jackie

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Please attach your drawing file, so we can help you efficiently. Read here how to attach files to your post.

jackieh

Re: Help PDF and lost hatching

Post by jackieh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:41 pm

OK - I have three-quarters solved my own problem, but copying and pasting everything into a new drawing. Only problem is that all the hatching was lost in the transfer.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jackie

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Please understand that it is next to impossible to help without the file. Any ideas would just be shots in the dark...

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:59 pm

Sorry - our messages must have crossed in the ether. Thanks for your reply. Do you still need my drawing to solve the hatch problem?

Jackie

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Files attached - thank you
Attachments
Wall17 W Elev Archaeology rev 1.dxf
This is the file where I copied and pasted everything from the original file (and then made a few changes to). Print preview works, but hatch did not copy over
(631.91 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Wall17 W Elev Archaeology 3.jpg
This is the original file where the print preview did not work
Wall17 W Elev Archaeology 3.jpg (73.88 KiB) Viewed 7744 times

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:12 pm

They look much better in qcad (and pdf)!

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Thanks. Is this the new file that works or the original file with the problems. I'd need the file with the problems, the one from where you copy the hatches. I have no problems copying the hatches from this file to a new drawing. I can only see one DXF and no DWG file attached to your post.

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Not sure which one you got. Wall17 W Elev Archaeology rev 1 is the one that works (that I copied everything into), so I've attached the original non-working one (that's Wall17 W Elev Archaeology 3)
Attachments
Wall17 W Elev Archaeology 3.dwg
This is the one that doesn't work
(131.31 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:14 pm

Hi,
jackieh wrote:... so I've attached the original non-working one (that's Wall17 W Elev Archaeology 3)
I can reproduce the problem with this drawing but honestly I don't know what causes the problem. Just for a temporary workaround copy as usual your drawing into a new one - you will not(!) see the hatch - then "Save as" with a new name - close it and reopen the file. Your hatch will then be displayed as expected.

@Andrew
Vertex "Z" for a hatch looks crazy to me. Value is around 519669.710069 ... and after pasting I have problems to selected other than hatch entities too.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Husky

Post by Husky » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:15 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .... was that a test???? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, here an update:
I found an Image / Image Path in that drawing with a Position Value of Z=-1039339.420138
Husky-2016.12.16-01.png
Husky-2016.12.16-01.png (64 KiB) Viewed 7724 times
If I selected ALL and copy / past this selection into the same or in a new drawing QCad will be ..... confused.

Delete this image reference or set this Z value to 0 and everything works just fine .... :wink:

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:00 pm

Thanks very much indeed for your help with this. I will try it out and get back to you if I have any other difficulties!

Jackie

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:34 pm

OK, this time I copied (using a window to select what I wanted) and pasted, saved as, closed and opened, and everything seems fine (version attached for info). Better than the first time, which seemed to have lost the layer information (didn't notice that yesterday). I can't though, for some reason, highlight the image, so I can't see if it has a z value or not, or change it, although it is still in the image layer, so I can turn its visibility on and off. The hatches and other overlay info do not appear to have z values, hope you agree.

Has this solved the problem?

Jackie
Attachments
~Wall17 W Elev Archaeology rev 2.dxf
New version - seems to work with exception of not being able to highlight image
(629.29 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”