Stitch multi page drawing together

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ov10fac

Stitch multi page drawing together

Post by ov10fac » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:28 pm

How do I join a mulit page drawing into a single drawing. I am producing forms for a canoe, and need to print the form full scale. So I need to print it on multiple 8.5 X 11 sheets. I print with crop marks, but the drawing lines don't line up when I fit the pages together using the crop marks. I overlay one crop mark on the crop mark from the page to the left. Then the lines do not form a solid line but have gaps in them at the joint of the two papers. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal.
Thanks.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Stitch multi page drawing together

Post by Husky » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:30 am

ov10fac wrote:How do I join a mulit page drawing into a single drawing. I am producing forms for a canoe, and need to print the form full scale. So I need to print it on multiple 8.5 X 11 sheets.
A real size canoe? Sounds like you need a lot of Paper ... :wink:
ov10fac wrote:I overlay one crop mark on the crop mark from the page to the left. Then the lines do not form a solid line but have gaps in them at the joint of the two papers. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal.
Unfortunately that sounds normal. The limit isn't caused by QCAD the limit is caused by your printer. Most likely your Printer isn't able to print to the very end of the paper size. Regardless the gab - the scale for the print is correct!

BTW: If I work with multiple prints then I use a long Steel/Carpenter square and push Pins (for aligning the Crop Marks) before I glue them ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:36 am

If you cannot solve your problem, please attach your drawing file (DXF/DWG) and a PDF (File > PDF Export), thanks.

ov10fac

Post by ov10fac » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks everyone. I followed Husky's suggestions and used a razor blade to trim the margin on some of the sheets. Now everything is fitting together pretty well. The crop marks seem to be a little off, but I think that's more the printer than Qcad. I should be within a few thousands and that should be good enough for my needs.

And yes it is a lot of paper, I have to print 8 forms, each a 3X3 sheet drawing. I can print them all on one sheet and then glue to foam board to reduce the paper and make my actual forms from that. I am still experimenting.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”