No decimal places for angles

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Sixstringking
Newbie Member

No decimal places for angles

Post by Sixstringking » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:21 pm

I am trying to use Qcad as a 2D drawing tool and need to have it so when I draw a line, it is limited to "othro" increments, rather than multiple decimal places or freeform(i.e. 45 degrees instead of 45.123456).
Also, if it could be set to 15 degree increments, that would be helpful too.
I tried setting the dimention settings to 0, but that didnt change anything.
Also, also...is there a way to see the angle value as I am drawing the line? Instead of drawing the line and then seeing the (incorrect) value in the properties.
Thanks,
Sixstringking
Windows 10 latest edition (sometimes)
Mac OS latest edition (other times)
Qcad Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: No decimal places for angles

Post by Husky » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Sixstringking wrote:I am trying to use Qcad as a 2D drawing tool and need to have it so when I draw a line, it is limited to "othro" increments, rather than multiple decimal places or freeform(i.e. 45 degrees instead of 45.123456).
What makes you thinking it is limited to "ortho"? How about to use a corresponding tool to draw a line with a 45 degree angle?
Tool: Line from Angle
Husky-2017.09.26-11.png
Husky-2017.09.26-11.png (58.79 KiB) Viewed 2587 times

Sixstringking wrote:Also, if it could be set to 15 degree increments, that would be helpful too.
This is possible with the snap "Restrict Angle or Length" tool.
Tool: Line from two Points
To decide where "5" has to be move your Mouse Pointer on the Drawing area and it will jump in 15 degree increments ...
Husky-2017.09.26-02.png
Husky-2017.09.26-02.png (68.74 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
Sixstringking wrote:I tried setting the dimention settings to 0, but that didnt change anything.
Dimension settings are meant to work for dimensions.

Sixstringking wrote:Also, also...is there a way to see the angle value as I am drawing the line? Instead of drawing the line and then seeing the (incorrect) value in the properties.
The Function Key F8 is a three level switch to display information directly to the mouse pointer. One of them is meant to display the actual angle.
Attachments
Husky-2017.09.26-10.png
Husky-2017.09.26-10.png (8.25 KiB) Viewed 2587 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”