Chosen way of Delete Segments between Two Nodes

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

yetanotheruser

Chosen way of Delete Segments between Two Nodes

Post by yetanotheruser » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 pm

I have a closed polyline and use the Delete Segments between Two Nodes function. As the polyline is closed, there are two possibilities to go from the first node to the second node (clock-wise or counter-clockwise).
Example of which segments I want to delete and which nodes I select (marked with a 1 / 2)
Now, when first selecing node 1 and then node 2, actually this becomes deleted:
As it seemed like QCAD deletes in a clock-wise way, I also tried with first selecting node 2 and then node 1 - still the same nodes are deleted :?
So, how can I delete the nodes marked in screenshot 1? Which logic does QCAD use to decide which way in the path it follows to delete segments?

Hint: I attached the dxf file including the polyline.

Operating system: Windows 10 x64
QCAD version: Qcad Pro 3.19.2
Attachments
poly_delete.dxf
(153.29 KiB) Downloaded 283 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Chosen way of Delete Segments between Two Nodes

Post by Husky » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:52 pm

To delete single nods use the tool "Delete Nodes".

But what you are up to sounds to me like a"Sisyphus task". What is your goal - a straight line between upper right corner of the shape and point 2?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

yetanotheruser

Re: Chosen way of Delete Segments between Two Nodes

Post by yetanotheruser » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:32 am

Husky wrote:To delete single nods use the tool "Delete Nodes".

But what you are up to sounds to me like a"Sisyphus task". What is your goal - a straight line between upper right corner of the shape and point 2?
Actually I need different offset distances on the different sides of the drawing. A visual example can be found in viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5329, second question. One way (though very exhausting and not preferred by me) therefore is to create multiple offsets with different distances and then delete those distances at sides where they are not required. This ends up in how to delete many nodes of a polyline at once (the question of this topic). Using "Delete Nodes" requires selecting every single node to be deleted as far as I can see. Am I missing something there? Any better way to delete multiple segments of a polyline? Modify - Explode helps, I would still prefer to be able to delete between two nodes in one step - would make things more efficient.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”