File Formats

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

kenterm

File Formats

Post by kenterm » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:49 am

Question #1 - How can I identify the protocol (R32, R27, R24, etc.) that was used to write a .dxf or .dwg file? Can I identify it in QCAD or if not is there a utility?

Question #2 - I changed the default protocol under the Application References "Open/Save" to R32. I understand it is the default for a new file only. However if I use "Save As" to write it to a different location the default protocol shows as R27 unless I change it. Since it is a new file shouldn't it be R32? I am misunderstanding something!

I am using QCAD Pro 3.19.2.0 [64-bit] & W7 Home Edition [64-bit].

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: File Formats

Post by Husky » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:42 am

kenterm wrote:Question #1 - How can I identify the protocol (R32, R27, R24, etc.) that was used to write a .dxf or .dwg file? Can I identify it in QCAD or if not is there a utility?
Launch the "Command Line", open a drawing and an info text will tell you in which Format the drawing was saved / loaded. Something like:

Drawing loaded successfully: C:/Users/xx/xx/xyz.dxf
Format: R24 (2010) DXF Drawing (Teigha) (*.dxf)

To make the command line visible go to Menu / View
kenterm wrote:Question #2 - I changed the default protocol under the Application References "Open/Save" to R32. I understand it is the default for a new file only. However if I use "Save As" to write it to a different location the default protocol shows as R27 unless I change it. Since it is a new file shouldn't it be R32?
Yes, for a new drawing it should be R32. I work with Win10 and have no issues with that.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”