QCAD viewer

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Andreas_FI

QCAD viewer

Post by Andreas_FI » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi,

I am quit new QCAD and would like to find a simple, free and easy to use solution to view QCAD files.

Who knows about a viewer app for macOS, Windows and Linux (or even iOS and Android) that could open and view QCAD produced files (.dwg or .dxf)?

Of course I could use the free versio of QCAD or another free CAD program that can handle dog or dxf files. But I am searching for a more simple and easy to use viewer for customers, or installation or support teams who need to view installation documents on site.

For example Autodesk offers a web-base viewer for free that works with QCAD files, but the process is too complicated and slow. You have to be online and then sign in to you created account and upload the file before you are able to see it in your browser.

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Andreas

p.s. Of course you could always export files to PDF. That is also my current workflow...

Rantanplan7

Re: QCAD viewer

Post by Rantanplan7 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Although this is already a couple of weeks old. The free picture viewer irfanview can do this (dwg and dxf files) with the plugin BabaCAD4Image.
Best Regards

Sven

QCAD 3.27.6.0 / Windows 11 Professional 64-bit / 16 GB RAM, i5 [email protected], SSD
(former Autosketch 10 user)

Andreas_FI

Post by Andreas_FI » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Rantanplan7 wrote:Although this is already a couple of weeks old. The free picture viewer irfanview can do this (dwg and dxf files) with the plugin BabaCAD4Image.
Thanks for the hint! I understood that this software only work on Windows.

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi Andreas,
Andreas_FI wrote:Who knows about a viewer app for macOS, Windows and Linux (or even iOS and Android) that could open and view QCAD produced files (.dwg or .dxf)?
You want a viewer called 'Teigha' produced by the 'Open Drawing Alliance'. Google 'Teigha Fie Viewer'. The page only mentions DWG and DGN files, but it also displays DXF files. There are versions available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS and Android.

There is also a 'Teigha File Converter' which allows you to convert any DWG to DXF. Also convert any DXF to DWG. This also works on the same operating systems as the viewer.

Hope this helps.

Regards

riverbuoy

Andreas_FI

Post by Andreas_FI » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:02 pm

riverbuoy wrote:Hi Andreas,
Andreas_FI wrote:Who knows about a viewer app for macOS, Windows and Linux (or even iOS and Android) that could open and view QCAD produced files (.dwg or .dxf)?
You want a viewer called 'Teigha' produced by the 'Open Drawing Alliance'. Google 'Teigha Fie Viewer'. The page only mentions DWG and DGN files, but it also displays DXF files. There are versions available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS and Android.

There is also a 'Teigha File Converter' which allows you to convert any DWG to DXF. Also convert any DXF to DWG. This also works on the same operating systems as the viewer.

Hope this helps.

Regards

riverbuoy
Wow! This is even better! Thanks riverbuoy.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”