Limit available angels

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Sixstringking
Newbie Member

Limit available angels

Post by Sixstringking » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm

I want to be able to restrict the available angels in a drawing to 15 degree increments or so, so that horizontal lines are perfectly horizontal and vertical are vertical, etc. without having to adjust from 89.09876 to 90 degrees every-time. Is this possible?
I use Qcad for doing quick reference drawings that dont need precise measurements or precise accuracy, so the ability to just "riff" off some lines to create a drawing is important. even if it could snap hard to landmark degrees, that would be helpful. Would adjusting the grid sizing do the trick?

MacOS
Qcad Pro 3.19.1
Sixstringking
Windows 10 latest edition (sometimes)
Mac OS latest edition (other times)
Qcad Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Limit available angels

Post by Husky » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Sixstringking wrote:I want to be able to restrict the available angels in a drawing to 15 degree increments or so, so that horizontal lines are perfectly horizontal and vertical are vertical, etc. without having to adjust from 89.09876 to 90 degrees every-time. Is this possible?
Yes, use "Line from 2 Points" and launch then the Snap tool "Restrict Angle or Lengths". The option bar will give you all option what you are asking for.
Husky-2018.04.17-01.png
Husky-2018.04.17-01.png (69.35 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

TSG
Premier Member

Re: Limit available angels

Post by TSG » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 am

... like Husky said or you use EO for orthogonal, EH for horizontal or EV for vertical limitations.

Thomas
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”