Printing issues

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Clifferator
Newbie Member

Printing issues

Post by Clifferator » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi all, just started using Qcad, mainly intend to use for plotting land surveying data. Just trying my first job, have gone through the instructions but when I print I am just getting a blank page. More importantly, when I export to PDF I also get a blank page, and the file size is 2kb, so I guess no data there. Can anyone suggest what I'm not doing? I can export then print a bitmap file ok,
Thanks, Cliff

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Printing issues

Post by Husky » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Hi Cliff - welcome to the QCAD forum,
Clifferator wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:56 pm
... but when I print I am just getting a blank page. More importantly, when I export to PDF I also get a blank page,
Sounds like you need to reposition the paper position. Please refer to this tutorials and I'm pretty sure it will be an easy fix for you:

https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-printing

https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-working-wi ... -viewports
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clifferator
Newbie Member

Re: Printing issues

Post by Clifferator » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:15 pm

Hi Husky, thanks for taking the time to reply... I have been trawling through the archives and followed the suggestion that the lines are too thin. I had increased them, but when I increased them to 1mm the printing started working, and then the pdf's worked too. I've only got to the beginning so will be looking at the links you sent. Thanks again, Cliff

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”