Layout Dimensioning changing the text

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Circle

Layout Dimensioning changing the text

Post by Circle » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:05 am

I am trying to dimension a drawing in Layout. The dimensions are giving me fractions, I would like to round them up or down to inches. I thought I could just retyped the dimension text in the property editor but cannot see where I would do this.

Is it also maybe possible to have each Layout Block have its own dimension settings. So in one I can exclude fractions?

Thanks
Mac: Big Sur version 11.4
QCAD Pro

ryancousins
Premier Member

Re: Layout Dimensioning changing the text

Post by ryancousins » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:41 am

Circle wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:05 am
I would like to round them up or down to inches.
If you go to edit>drawing preferences>dimension settings>label format>linear dimensions, you can choose your precision and limit QCAD to integer values. You might also choose between formats such as architectural and decimal to display the values the way you would like.
I thought I could just retyped the dimension text in the property editor but cannot see where I would do this.
If you select a dimension, it's attributes should show up in the property editor. If you don't see the property editor, click view>property editor, or type GP as a shortcut. Under "specific properties" the top field is called "Label:". You can manually change the text here.
Is it also maybe possible to have each Layout Block have its own dimension settings. So in one I can exclude fractions?
Depending on what you're trying to do....maybe? You can't have different settings on a per-layout block basis in an direct/offical way, but you could select all of the dimensions that exist in a layout block and make batch changes to their appearance attributes in the property editor. You could do this for each layout block if you wanted.

P.S. A moderator might request that you separate each unique question into separate posts so they are more easily searchable in the future. Just FYI :lol:

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”