Inserting Template Drawing into Layout (Paper Space)

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

crescendo
Newbie Member

Inserting Template Drawing into Layout (Paper Space)

Post by crescendo » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:26 am

How do I insert a template drawing (with drawing borders, title block etc.) into the Layout (Paper) space. Windows Version 3.25.2.

crescendo
Newbie Member

Re: Inserting Template Drawing into Layout (Paper Space)

Post by crescendo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:49 pm

Could someone at least point me in the right direction with this? I am new to QCAD, but one way that appears to work is to open a new template sheet in model space and create a block from the template drawing. Select and right click on the block in the Block List and insert the block into layout (paper space). In model space start and complete the drawing using viewports as needed.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:20 pm

crescendo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:49 pm
Could someone at least point me in the right direction with this?
This topic is already addressed and answered many times in this forum - I'm wondering why you can't find answers to your questions ...
crescendo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:49 pm
I am new to QCAD, but one way that appears to work is to open a new template sheet in model space and create a block from the template drawing. Select and right click on the block in the Block List and insert the block into layout (paper space). In model space start and complete the drawing using viewports as needed.
I've a hard time to understand what you are doing here. A template sheet is in my opinion a ready to go product. Why do you still have to built / place blocks etc.? Is the used template a design by you or where is it coming from.
Elaborate a bit more about your goals and I'm sure we can help you on your way ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

crescendo
Newbie Member

Post by crescendo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:00 am

Husky, I find your sentence "...I've a hard time to understand what you are doing here..." condescending, perhaps you missed my first post regarding his topic subject. As I didn't receive any response to my first post, I sent a second post.

Yes, the topic may already be addressed many times in this forum but I have not found an answer, even after spending many hours looking. Certainly I get "0" results when I search under the subject of this post, in this Forum. The QCAD book does not address the specific question either. Perhaps, you could provide me with a link to just one or two of the many times you say this topic has been addressed in this forum?

Yes, a template may be "a ready to go product" but what is the best way to insert it in "Layout (Paper Space)"? It is immaterial who designed the template. Let's use the example of a typical template available in QCAD. I would just like confirmation on the workflow method required to make the template appear in paper space. I come from a architectural background having used Autocad many years ago and I would like to know if the method I outlined previously is correct. Thanks.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:37 am

crescendo
crescendo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:00 am
Husky, I find your sentence "...I've a hard time to understand what you are doing here..." condescending
That is a sentence used in my country on a daily base. It is not condescending.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... ard%20time

However - for somebody who has not even the polite manners to say hello or thank you in his/her first post while asking absolute stranger to provide time and expertise for free and "immediately" is in my eye very condescending.
An excuse "other countries other manners" doesn't works in this case!

For those reason ...
crescendo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:00 am
It is immaterial who designed the template.
... and not to bother you further with immaterial questions I'm out. Maybe somebody else is still willing to help you - I'm not!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”