Layers/Blocks/Viewports

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

willwatner
Registered Member

Layers/Blocks/Viewports

Post by willwatner » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:34 pm

Qcad Version 3.23.0.0 (3.23.0)

I am trying to draw a tandem axle equipment trailer. Having trouble understanding the uses of layers, Layout spaces, blocks and viewports.

End goal is to have a master drawing showing the relationship of all the different parts, but I need to be able to print out each part on its own page with dimensions, and there might be 20 different parts per trailer. Each part needs a description showing material, quantity, angles and cut lengths.

I usually highlight the lines for each part, create a block from that, then add dimensions to each block and then ctrl-shift-p to print directly. When the drawing is large with many different parts it gets confusing particularly when revising a drawing (block recursions).

Any ideas or tutorials you can recommend?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Layers/Blocks/Viewports

Post by Husky » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:09 pm

willwatner wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:34 pm
Any ideas or tutorials you can recommend?
Yes - this tutorial collection for frequently ask questions should give you a good start.

https://qcad.org/en/documentation/tutorials

If then still something isn't satisfyingly understood please feel free to ask in this forum for help.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”